Halloween may be a rare holiday in New York that will not be completely ruined by this year’s COVID-19 pandemic.
In an interview with News 12 Long Island on Tuesday, Governor Andrew Cuomo expressed his hope for All-Hello’s Eve and stated that he would not ban trick-or-treat door-to-door visits.
“I don’t think it’s appropriate,” the governor said when asked if he would ban trick-or-treat with great care during the pandemic. “You have a neighbor. If you want to knock on your neighbor’s door, God will bless you, and I’m not telling you not.”
It’s like a rest for many young, dressed demons and goblins all over New York who go out on October 31st every year for sweets. But as Halloween approached, the governor did not rule out providing some guidelines on safe trick-or-treats.
“If you want to take a walk in the neighborhood with your kids, I’m not saying you can’t take them to your neighborhood,” Cuomo said. “I’m not going to do that. I give you my advice and guidance, and then you decide what you do that night.”
Halloween was a big hit in New York earlier this month, and it was announced on October 31 that the march would not take place as planned in Manhattan. In 2012.
Due to the ongoing capacity limits imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic, large indoor Halloween parties may also be off limits.
Since the crisis began on March 1, COVID-19 has affected more than 450,000 New Yorkers and more than 90,000 long islanders, killing more than 32,000 people across the state and more than 4,000 in LI. .. Due to the infectivity of the virus and the capacity limits imposed to stop its spread, major holiday gatherings such as public parades and festivals have been cancelled.
This story first appeared amNY.com
For more information on the coronavirus, please visit: longislandpress.com/coronavirus