William Floyd’s senior opposition to the hybrid plan pauses for grade


0

According to the principal’s decision, Maverick Stowe, a student who repeatedly refuted William Floyd High School’s hybrid learning program at school, was suspended on school grounds between 2020 and 21 for a prom and graduation ceremony. Was blocked from attending.

Director Kevin Coster said in his decision that Stowe, 17, had been suspended until June 30, but could resume suspension in January. Stowe’s instructions will come from virtual tutoring and online education, detailed in a two-page letter dated Tuesday, saying Newsday’s decision from teenage mother Nora Kaplan Stowe.

“He cannot be allowed in our position or attend school-sponsored events during his suspension,” said the decision following Monday’s hearing. “This includes all advanced extracurricular events, advanced proms, and high school diplomas.”

Stowe refused to comment on Tuesday and asked his lawyer, Christoffer Roth of Patchog, for questions, and he criticized the supervisor’s decision as intense and wrong.

“The punishment for students who want to go to school by exercising Article 1 of the Amendment to the right is expulsion from school,” Ross said. “… we thought the colder head was predominant.”

Stowe could appeal the decision and said the manager would be revisited at the end of January.

The island-wide district changed its face-to-face education plan and added distance education during the coronavirus pandemic.

The decision marked the latest developments in an escalating confrontation between the district and Stowe. He began protesting on September 8th, the first day of class, despite the planned distance learning date. He was suspended for five days.

He returned to school the next day last Wednesday, and school officials warned that he faced criminal liability next time.

On Thursday, Stowe returned again, was arrested, and was charged with three criminal invasions.

“There is absolutely no chance of student suspension or unauthorized people breaking into the building and disrupting the educational process or creating an unsafe environment for students and staff,” said school district spokeswoman James Montart. Stated.

Mr. Stowe understood that he could face a backlash when he launched a protest, Ross said. Stowe said students need to attend five days a week and believe that schools can find ways to do it safely.

The supervisor’s decision said Stowe was vulgarly guilty, ignored the legitimate authority of school staff, tried to enter the school building without permission, and did not comply with the school’s reopening plan.

When the decision was reviewed in January, Stowe continued his research successfully, and if he passed all courses and did not violate the school’s code of conduct, authorities would attend the class and prom. Graduation, the decision said, would consider allowing them to enjoy senior privileges such as.

Stowe and his family are considering the next step, Ross said. The next appearance in the teenage juvenile court is September 24th.


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win
admin

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *